Proper product packaging is important to ensure that your package is delivered smoothly.
Check out the packaging tips below.
Important packing guidelines for shipping:
- Weight for all parcel size should not exceed 5kg.
- Wrap and secure ceramics, glass, makeup, food and other fragile products with protective materials like bubble wrap. Please note that the courier are not liable to any damage while in transit.
- Label fragile products clearly on the parcel.
- Liquids with more than 300ml will not be accepted for delivery.
- Put all liquid products in a sealed plastic bags to avoid spillage. Kindly place it in a upright position in the box, and seal the package.
- Group all products from the same order in a single package.
- Put clothing in plastic bags before placing it inside the pouch.
- Make sure that orders are packed and inserted properly in the pouch before handing it over to the courier. Otherwise, the courier may refuse to accept the package.
- Device with high capacity lithium ion batteries such as power banks are prohibited by airline companies.
- Products such as laptops, cellphones, DSLR cameras and other battery operated device should be separated from their batteries and both should be properly packed and identified on the pouch as "with battery".
For damaged goods upon delivery and related claims, photo/video proof that all the guidelines above have been followed will help expedite the investigation process.
Below are additional tips to ensure that your shipment would most likely be delivered in its original condition.
Securely wrap your product in packing material such as bubble wrap and adequate inner-filling material (e.g. foam wrap, foam peanuts, crumpled paper, corrugated inserts) to avoid movement of the products inside the box.
Quality of Seal
Ensure that you seal all edges and/or openings of the packages properly (H-shape taping helps for maximum strength). Use tape that cannot be reused and shall leave marks on the package after it is peeled off. For high-value products, attach a security seal marking; for example, attach “Refuse to accept if broken” on all edges and/or openings.
For special products, use special labels which are eye-catching and easily visible; for example, “This side up”, “Fragile”, “Keep Dry”.
When using Shopee Supported Logistics, please make sure that you write the Order ID (You can get this from the app’s Order Details page) on the packaging for the logistic to be able to get the order details.