Proper product packaging is important to ensure that your package is delivered smoothly. Check out the packaging tips below.
Important packing guidelines for shipping:
1. Wrap ceramics, glass, makeup, food and other fragile products using protective materials like bubble wrap. For all fragile items, the courier will accept it but they will not be liable and accountable for any damage while in transit.
2. Label fragile products clearly on the parcel.
3. Liquids more than 300ml will not be accepted for delivery.
4. For products containing liquids, kindly put them in sealed plastic bags to prevent spillage. Place the products in an upright position in the box before sealing the package.
5. Group all products from the same order in a single package.
6. Place clothing in plastic bags before putting inside the pouch.
7. Make sure that orders are properly packed and inserted in the pouch before handling over the package to the courier. Otherwise, the courier may refuse to accept your shipment.
8. Products such as laptops, cellphones, DSLR cameras and other battery operated device should be separated from their battery and both should be properly packed.
(Note: Device with non-detachable battery is prohibited by airline companies.)
9. For strict compliance. If the package does include batteries, please write a note outside the parcel saying "With Battery".
10. For strict compliance. Weight for all parcel size should not exceed 5kg.
For damaged goods upon delivery and related claims, photo/video proof that all the guidelines above have been followed will help expedite the investigation process.
Below are additional tips to ensure that your shipment would most likely be delivered in its original condition.
(i) Packaging Quality
Securely wrap your product in packing material such as bubble wrap and adequate inner-filling material (e.g. foam wrap, foam peanuts, crumpled paper, corrugated inserts) to avoid movement of the products inside the box.
(ii) Quality of Seal
Ensure that you seal all edges and/or openings of the packages properly (H-shape taping helps for maximum strength). Use tape that cannot be reused and shall leave marks on the package after it is peeled off. For high-value products, attach a security seal marking; for example, attach “Refuse to accept if broken” on all edges and/or openings.
(iii) Special Remarks
For special products, use special labels which are eye-catching and easily visible; for example, “This side up”, “Fragile”, “Keep Dry”.
(iv) Shipping Label
When using Shopee Supported Logistics, please make sure that you write the Order ID (You can get this from the app’s Order Details page) on the packaging for the logistic to be able to get the order details.
If you are using other logistics providers, you will need to attach the shipping label requested by the provider.