Proper product packaging is important to ensure that your package is delivered smoothly.
Check out these important packing guidelines for shipping:
- For INTEGRATED courier pouches - weight for all parcel size should not exceed 5kg., make sure that your buyer’s orders can fit the pouch, to know more about package sizes check out the following:
- For OWN PACKAGING shipments - volumetric weight will be considered and affect the order’s shipping fee, make sure to read the following if you are activated with an “own packaging” courier:
- Wrap and secure ceramics, glass, makeup, food and other fragile products with protective materials like bubble wrap. Please note that the courier are not liable to damages while in transit.
- Label fragile products clearly on the parcel.
- Several bottles are allowed as long as it will not exceed the maximum 300ml per transaction.
- Put all liquid products in a sealed plastic bags to avoid spillage. Kindly place it in a upright position in the box, and seal the package.
- Group all products from the same order in a single package.
- Put clothing in plastic bags before placing it inside the pouch.
- For Laptops, Two-Way Radios, Mobiles, and other battery operated device, batteries must be attached to the unit with the power turned off. Please indicate on the pouch that it has battery.
- Spare batteries, lithium metal batteries (i.e. AA, AAA batteries, regardless of brand) cannot be transported via air.
In the event of damaged goods upon delivery and related claims, photo/video proof on above guidelines will help expedite the investigation process.
Below are additional tips to ensure that your shipment would most likely be delivered in its original condition.
Securely wrap your product in packing material such as bubble wrap and adequate inner-filling material (e.g. foam wrap, foam peanuts, crumpled paper, corrugated inserts) to avoid movement of the products inside the box.
Quality of Seal
Ensure that you seal all edges and/or openings of the packages properly (H-shape taping helps for maximum strength). Use tape that cannot be reused and shall leave marks on the package after it is peeled off. For high-value products, attach a security seal marking; for example, attach “Refuse to accept if broken” on all edges and/or openings.
For special products, use special labels which are eye-catching and easily visible; for example, “This side up”, “Fragile”, “Keep Dry”.
When using Shopee Supported Logistics, please make sure that you write the Order ID (You can get this from the app’s Order Details page) on the packaging for the logistic to be able to get the order details.
To find out more, you may also review the packaging guidelines for, Consumer Electronics products, Mobiles and Accessories products, Men’s Apparel, Women’s Apparel and Babies and Kids products, Grocery products, Home Appliances products, Home and Living products, Watches, Jewelry and Eyewear products, Health and Personal Care products, Mother and Babies products, Sports and Travel products, and Motor products.